Our Career Opportunities
Hart Companies is a family owned and operated business. Great lengths have been taken to preserve this culture over the years. Each member of Hart’s team is truly part of the family. In return, Hart is fortunate enough to have some of the best, brightest and most dedicated Constructors and Designers in the industry.
Currently Hart has several open positions (listed below), and is always interested to receive resumes with accompanying cover letters from perspective candidates who share the same work ethic and values that have been and always will be central to Hart’s success.
Please email all non-job specific resumes and cover letters to Human Resources (HartHR@HartCompanies.com).
Asst. Project Manager: Water Infrastructure General Contractor
This Assistant PM position is a long term opportunity. It is an entry level position for an engineer (ideally civil or mechanical background) in an existing Wastewater Treatment Facility where construction is ongoing. A typical day will entail a mixture of office and field work. Responsibility of an Assistant Project Manager (APM) as follows:
- Help manage submittals, cost tracking, scheduling and coordination, field support for superintendent, purchasing and cost estimating
- Observe, learn, and help manage various construction operations including excavations, concrete work, structural steel, process mechanical, electrical and HVAC
- Individuals must be motivated to take on new challenges every day with a problem-solving mindset
- Position is an opportunity to grow and advance in our company to your fullest potential
- Additional educational opportunities within the construction industry are available to advance your learning and skills
ENTRY LEVEL OPPORTUNITY WITH PROCESS MECHANICAL CONTRACTOR
- The position begins with an introduction to the many types of piping systems and components we purchase and steam service, chilled or hot water, caustic/acidic chemicals, fuel gas and oils, drug manufacturing lines, lab gases, water treatment, and so on.
- Introduction to diagrams and drawings of the systems to learn how they are built.
- Site visits to facilities to see the projects we are currently working on and learn the construction process hands-on.
- Learn the steps of estimating costs, purchasing, coordinating and tracking deliveries for fabrication and overall project progress.
Who are we looking for?
- We would like any engineering student with interests in learning about specialty mechanical systems, how they are built, and the challenge of make it all happen. Students should be self-motivated, interested in construction and building, and have a desire to be hands-on and learn from the field, not just at a desk.
PASSIVATION SERVICES FIELD TECHNICIAN
Hart Passivation is seeking motivated, team oriented person for an entry level position. Successful candidate will receive “on the job training” as well as all required industry training such as OSHA 10/30, HazMat, etc. Competitive pay and benefits.
All candidates should possess:
- Good mechanical aptitude, plumbing experience helpful
- Ability to read, write and communicate in english
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record (DMV check will be done)
- CDL helpful but not required
- Successful candidate must pass a DOT physical to obtain a valid medical certification
- Background check to be done by employer
- Frequent overtime and weekend work
- Periodic inter-state travel required (expenses paid)
- Must be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Work under the supervision of field services foreman, superintendent and/or general manager.
- Become familiar with all aspects of chemical work, mechanical polishing and electro-polishing
- Observe at first, then, gradually participate, at direction of supervision, in performing duties commensurate with current experience and training level.
Experienced professional who can lead Hart’s HR efforts. must possess a professional and confident bearing along with corporate experience in HR Management and policy execution. Candidates will work closely with Senior Management and should have outstanding communication skills and be proficient with basic MS Office tools.
- Review current HR Policies and Update as appropriate.
- Formalize Employee On-Boarding and Termination Policies and Practices
- Conduct On-boarding and Termination Meetings
- Develop Employee Training Programs
- Recruiting and Hiring
- Staff Liaison
- Additional Accounting / Business responsibilities commensurate with the candidate’s skills and interests.
Individual experience in managing multi-discipline engineering projects for large clients. Should have a technical background and / or field of technical expertise. Capable of developing engineering estimates, schedules. Client Communications and relations.
Process Piping Designer
Position available for an experienced Process Piping Designer proficient in 2D AutoCAD and 3D design tools to develop piping plans (orthos and isos) for the design and construction of process manufacturing facilities. Proficiency in 2D AutoCAD and 3D design modeling is required with an ability to quickly learn other 3D design packages such as CADWorx. Successful applicant to be based out of the corporate office in the Greater Providence area however position requires travel to customer’s sites, primarily throughout Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut.
- Experience in Laboratories
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Accredited Professional Degree from a 5 year or Master’s program
- Registered or in the AIA licensing pipeline
- Experience in Master Planning
- Experience in Design Development
- Experience with preliminary thru detailed design and assembly of document packages
- Specification Writing
- Perform Project Inspections
- Review Shop Drawings
- Understanding of Building Codes and Related Regulations
- Team Oriented, Good Communication Skills
- Experience with R&D and Laboratories a plus
- Capable in Modeling; Knowledgeable in Revit / AutoCAD
- Can put together Construction Drawings
- Architectural / Construction Details
- Experienced in working/coordination with engineering disciplines
- Shop Drawing Review
- Team Oriented, Good Communication Skills, Motivated
Structural Engineer with BSCE Degree. EIT Preferred. 0-3 Years experience. Perform calculations to determine sizing and arrangement of structural members. Analysis of existing structures. Develop construction drawings. Work under the supervision of Senior PE.
Electrical Engineer with 5 plus years of Industrial Experience, designing Power and Control Systems for Pharmaceutical and Industrial Applications. BSEE Required. PE preferred.
Mechanical Engineer with 5 plus years of experience designing HVAC and Utility Systems for Pharmaceutical and Industrial Applications. BSME Required. PE preferred. Work under the supervision of Senior ME.
Sr. Bio-Process Engineer
Hart is seeking a unique professional to lead its Biopharmaceutical Operations. This individual should have a recognized standing within the industry, have the ability to communicate well both one on one and in front of an audience. Exhibit a Confident, Professional and Positive bearing.
Have command of the latest industry trends and technologies. Display a knowledge and command of conceptual through detailed design procedures and documents. Have the ability to lead a presentation and proposal efforts and ultimately a project team. This is a unique opportunity to lead and grow a dedicated department within an established, respected and successful organization
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Position available for degreed Senior Mechanical Engineer with experience in mechanical systems design.
Education: BS Mechanical Engineering, PE preferable
Job Description: Responsible for Engineering and Design of Facilities Systems, including HVAC and related utility systems. Responsibilities include heating and cooling load calculations, evaluating existing systems, technical specifications preparation as well as system design and layout for air handling equipment, supply, return and exhaust duct systems, boiler plants, hot and chilled water distribution systems, temperature control system design and cost estimation.
The individual will report to the Manager Process Engineering. Position involves working as part of a multi-discipline team, acting as discipline lead, and / or executing individual assignments. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing Material and Energy balance calculations
- Performing General Engineering Calculations
- Developing PFD’s, and P&ID’s
- Equipment Sizing Calculations and Specifications
- Assisting with development of project documentation
- Experience in a cGMP Environment in biotech industry
- Experience with Single Use Technology preferred
- Good communication skills
– B.S. in Chemical or Biomedical Engineering
– 0-5 years experience